[Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Sync Eating Tags

From: Garver, Paul W
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Sync Eating Tags
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:10:48 +0000

I'm re-tuning a frequency translating FIR filter ("tuner") dynamically based on a channel detection. As documented, after the re-tune happens, the tuner sends a "freq" tag when the re-tune has completed. The problem is that I have a follow-on polyphase clock sync block which is eating that frequency tag. I need that tag to know what channel I was on when I process the following bits.

Looking at the code, the tag policy is set not to propagate, but then there is a section which appears to implement some custom logic for tag propagation. There's been some previous discussion [1] on this topic, which suggests it has been an issue in the past.

What is the current state of polyphase clock sync and tag propagation? Should I expect it to propagate my tags correctly?

PWG

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2016-01/msg00284.html