Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast Receiver Audio Synchronization ( Delay

From: Fons Adriaensen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast Receiver Audio Synchronization ( Delay locked loop for the two-clock problem)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 17:29:09 +0000

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 03:58:43PM +0100, Marcus Müller wrote:

> Well, obviously, there's interest, but I'd say we all agree that we'd
> need someone to fix the Jack interface first – we simply don't have that
> person at our disposal. At this point, it seems you're the one most
> prolific with Jack on the mailing list... :/

And probably the least prolific with gr.

Which is one reason why I'm a bit reluctant to work on this.
Another one is the way gr is written. I'm used to C++, python,
and writing C/C++ extensions for Python. But I usually stay
well clear from things like boost and swig (and python2).

Is there any way to create an audio sink out-of-tree and
use it with a binary install ?

Looking at jack_sink.cc I find in work():

    work_size = noutput_items * sizeof(sample_t);
    while (work_size > 0)
    {
        // write some data to a queue
        work_size -= write_size;
    }

Why would a sink (which doesn't output anything to another
gr module) ever use the 'noutput_items' argument to work() ?

Ciao,

--
FA