Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio with Pybombs on MacOSX

From: Brian Cuthie
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio with Pybombs on MacOSX
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 22:12:19 +0000

Hi Ron,

That’s a great pointer, thanks. I hadn’t noticed that gr-fec also uses gsl.

Looking at the CMake config for gr-fec I can see where it adds the path for
libgsl, however, the path definition appears to be missing from the gr-dtv and
gr-atsc configs. So while the link command for gr-fec includes
"-L/opt/local/lib” to define where to find libgsl, the link commands for
gr-atsc and gr-dtv do not and the link fails.

Here’s the link command CMake spit out for gr-dtv swig:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++
   -std=c++98 -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -bundle -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names  -o
_dtv_swig.so CMakeFiles/_dtv_swig.dir/dtv_swigPYTHON_wrap.cxx.o
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
../lib/libgnuradio-dtv.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gr-analog/lib/libgnuradio-analog.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gr-filter/lib/libgnuradio-filter.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gr-fft/lib/libgnuradio-fft.3.7.11git.dylib /opt/local/lib/libfftw3f.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libfftw3f_threads.dylib
../../gr-fec/lib/libgnuradio-fec.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gr-blocks/lib/libgnuradio-blocks.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gnuradio-runtime/lib/libgnuradio-runtime.3.7.11git.dylib
../../gnuradio-runtime/lib/pmt/libgnuradio-pmt.3.7.11git.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_date_time-mt.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib /opt/local/lib/libboost_regex-mt.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_thread-mt.dylib /opt/local/lib/libboost_chrono-mt.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libboost_atomic-mt.dylib /opt/local/lib/liblog4cpp.dylib -lgsl
-lgslcblas -lm ../../volk/lib/libvolk.1.3.dylib /opt/local/lib/liborc-0.4.dylib
-Wl,-rpath,/Users/brian/Projects/gnuradio/test/lib

I can’t really figure why this builds for anyone else. Am I missing something?

-brian