Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Module development and debugging

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Module development and debugging
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:04:47 -0700

Sorry, that last email was empty for some reason. Not sure if I can
remember all the things... let me try:

On 09/21/2016 09:07 AM, Gavin Jacobs wrote:
>>You trigger, or simply stop the output (middle click). There's probably
>>a way to overlay signals with different rates, but I can't think of one off
> GBJ> Found the Trigger settings and already learned more about how my
> block is behaving. I don't see a way to do a one-shot trace (i.e.
> trigger once, then stop). I would like to see the very first piece of
> audio and the first few bits that get decoded; is that possible? As a
> work around, I could conceivably make an even smaller audio file so that
> the whole trace fits on one screen, but I would still like a one-shot
> for future use.

I don't think we have a way to do that. Maybe there's a workaround with
tags or something.

>>Where did you install GNU Radio? And how?
> GBJ>I practiced a few times on an old laptop, and then a few more times
> on a virtual machine. In the end I installed GQRX from the GQRX PPA
> (which was listed as the way to do it for all Ubuntu users); that
> package included gqrx, gnuradio, osmosdr, and most of the dependencies I
> needed, in one package/operation. I do not recall ever specifying a
> destination - but using File Manager, I can see: /usr/share/gnuradio and
> the following subdirectories: examples, fec, grc, modtool, themes. No
> sign of cmake stuff nor the location that the OOT module was seeking. I
> know the concepts of directory trees etc., but I don't know the linux
> usual or recommended locations.

Packages from PPAs will typically install to /usr/. In that case, you
should not be required to provide CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Cheers,