[Discuss-gnuradio] slicing up a 'file-sink' capture?

From: duane
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] slicing up a 'file-sink' capture?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 16:02:20 -0700

Hi -

I've setup a front end, and captured about 10 to 20 seconds worth of
data to a file sink (750M data file)

The transmitted data is a small 8millisecond bursts, followed by a very
long delay.

I would like to have some means to 'zoom in and slice out' a few bits of
data so I can do more work with it.

I've tried baudline, while helpful - I can a very low level signal,
followed by a huge signal, and back to a low level signal.

My question is:

    Can you suggest a tool that I can use to "slice out" - the sections
of interest?
    The closest example I can think of is using "head/tail" - into baud
line ...
    And manually move my start/stop sample number until I get what I
want.

There's got to be a better way...

for example I'd like to zoom in, select the region of interest then save
that region.

Then - these new files as input data for some tests.

Thanks.