[Discuss-gnuradio] Errors using PyBombs recipe for RFNoC setup

From: Andrew Lanez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Errors using PyBombs recipe for RFNoC setup
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:01:47 -0700

From a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS install, I run these commands:
$ sudo apt-get python-pip
$ sudo apt-get git

Then I follow the RFNOC setup tutorial: https://kb.ettus.com/Getting_Started_with_RFNoC_Development
and run these:

$ sudo pip install git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git
$ pybombs recipes add gr-recipes git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git
$ pybombs recipes add ettus git+https://github.com/EttusResearch/ettus-pybombs.git
$ pybombs prefix init ~/rfnoc -R rfnoc -a alias

With that last one, I see a few errors dispersed throughout the output:

  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 43.0 kB of archives.
After this operation, 358 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev amd64 2.30.7-0ubuntu1.2
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.26 80]
Err http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev amd64 2.30.7-0ubuntu1.2
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.26 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gdk-pixbuf/libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev_2.30.7-0ubuntu1.2_amd64.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.26 80]
.
.
.
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
PyBOMBS.PackageManager - ERROR - Something went wrong while trying to install gdk-pixbuf using apt: Process returned value: 100
.
.
.
Err http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev amd64 2.30.7-0ubuntu1.2
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.162 80]
Fetched 6,651 kB in 42s (157 kB/s)
E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gdk-pixbuf/libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev_2.30.7-0ubuntu1.2_amd64.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.162 80]

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
PyBOMBS.PackageManager - ERROR - Something went wrong while trying to install gtk2 using apt: Process returned value: 100

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.25.10    atk >= 1.29.2    pango >= 1.20    cairo >= 1.6    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.21.0) were not met:

No package 'atk' found
No package 'pango' found
No package 'cairo' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
PyBOMBS.Packager.source - ERROR - Configuration failed after running at least twice.
PyBOMBS.Packager.source - ERROR - Problem occurred while building package gtk2:
Configuration failed
PyBOMBS.install_manager - ERROR - Error installing package gtk2. Aborting.

That last error completely errors out and I don't have GNU Radio installed. How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
Andrew