Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help me to design a hierarchical block

From: Ed Coleman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help me to design a hierarchical block
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:19:06 -0400

I 'thought' that my reply would appear threaded within the discussion I was reading (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-02/msg00336.html) my apologies for any confusion

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Ed Coleman <address@hidden> wrote:
This was a very helpful introduction to hierarchical blocks.  One thing I am unclear on is how a parameter in a hier block is controlled via the top block.  For example suppose I have a moving average block inside my hier block and I want the number of averages to be defined from the top block.  Within the hier block I have a parameter block with the ID 'avgLength' and the moving average block has a length of 'avgLength' and a scale of '1.0/avgLength'.  How do I pass the value of avgLength from the top block into the parameter of the hier block?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Ed