Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking a method to expose a floating point value

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking a method to expose a floating point value @ the flow graph sample rate
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:22:12 +0200

Hi Ed,

to what do you need that number "delivered"? That's the interesting point here; whether your external code "polls" a function, or expects to get a message of some sorts, or listens on a socket, or...

Also note that it's not really like there's a constant "trickle" of random numbers, one every 1s/32000; GNU Radio is buffer-based, meaning that throttle gets a block of e.g. 4096 input items, passes them, and then waits 4096/32000 until it looks for new input.

Best regards,

Marcus