[Discuss-gnuradio] Creating message block

From: Olivier Goyette
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating message block
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 12:13:55 -0400

Hi all !

I have a working Rx/Tx link and I want to be able to send what I receive as messages. At the input, I have 34 bytes of data that I need to decode. For example, the 1st 9 bits represent let's say velocity. So, what I would like to do with this block is to decode the information and then send it with this format :

velocity, #decoded value#;
trajectory, #decoded value#;
time, #decoded value#;
etc....

but I have strictly no idea on how to code that type of block. I read on different pages about pmt type and other stuff. Here are the links :

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BlocksCodingGuide

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_pmt.html

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/namespacepmt.html#a011a23aa4f257dbd672d9d5220b1a5dd

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_msg_passing.html

still I can't figure out how to implement this. So, I'd like to know if someone could do a little draft with the important functions so I could get the idea behind on how to do that. It would be much appreciated

Thank you for your time