Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new user

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new user
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 07:14:15 -0700

Hi Darin:

Just chiming in.  I use MacPorts, it works really well.  There is the occasional build error if the MacPorts folks are behind gnuradio developments a bit, but generally there are no problems.  I use Ubuntu for my main gnuradio machine.  The RTL dongles are good and quite versatile.

You'll love gnuradio once you get it working.  Start with some simple flowgraphs, do lots of reading and build on your knowledge from there.  Expect a learning curve though!  Ask here on the list for good books and reference material.

Kevin