[Discuss-gnuradio] Linear regression error when handling looping data in

From: Hou Jonny
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linear regression error when handling looping data in file source
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:46:35 +0000

Hi guys and gals,

I get a question regarding buffer size when looping the file source:

Currently I intent to have an offline processing with some captured data: read the data (for example, size 1201) from file sources, then handle the data with certain filtering and so on.... After that I intend to analysis the data with linear regression in python block. While the read size of data in GNURadio could not perfectly fit the size 1201 when looping ("REPEAT"=YES) enabled, which causes the linear regression some time happen between 2 loops of read(tail of the 1st loop and head of 2nd loop) and it leads to error results  of regression.

Capture.PNG

 I tried to adjust the max/min buffer value but it did not work as I expected.   Warnings like "max output buffer set to 1536 instead of requested 1201" always popped up ...

 Any advice and insights?

BR//Jonny