Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Set a command line parameter value from config fi

From: Michael Matthews
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Set a command line parameter value from config file --OR-- override a "variable config" with a command line parameter
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 05:56:11 -0700

Thanks, Marcus. I tried embedding this logic in a custom "variable config" block, which exists only in XML, but saw no way to connect command-line options. So I tried a custom "parameter config" block based on parameter.xml but it seems that the GRC-to-Python converter recognizes only the ID "parameter" when it creates command options. So I just added it to the argument parser code post facto as follows. It's less preferred, but it works.

def argument_parser():
    import ConfigParser
    config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
    config.read("config_file.conf")
    parser = OptionParser(option_class=eng_option, usage="%prog: [options]")
    parser.add_option(
        "-d", "--delay", dest="delay", type="eng_float", default=config.get("Parameters", "delay"),
        help="Set Delay [default=%default]")