Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] pre-2.1.0 release testing on CentOS 7

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] pre-2.1.0 release testing on CentOS 7
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:08:51 +0200

Hi Eric,

out of curiosity, since I can't do that on my clean CentOS 7 machines: have you managed to get thrift to build on a clean installation?

Best regards,
Marcus

On 03.06.2016 14:40, Eric Statzer wrote:
In continuation of Martin's thread from last month [1], this is an update on testing of the "pybombs prefix init ~/path/to/prefix -R gnuradio-default" on a CentOS 7 host.

I submitted a pull request [2] to address an issue with building pyqwt5 on CentOS 7.  I haven't tested the change in my Docker farm yet, but I wanted to get the change out there to prompt discussion.  At this point, I'm not sure if any other common distros (Ubuntu 14.04?) build pyqwt5 from source, but I'm willing to add some more Docker containers to my Docker farm to do some regression testing on this if someone can confirm that this change is not limited to CentOS 7***.

I ran in to one other issue a couple weeks ago with building libosmo-dsp on CentOS 7.  The issue was related to trying to use a non-system version of automake to run autoreconf with the "-i" flag, but I'm unable to reproduce the issue now (go figure), so I need to do some more poking around.

Thanks,
Eric

*** On a side note, CentOS 7 is now available to me as a viable option, so I'm done fighting with CentOS 6.