[Discuss-gnuradio] FSK transmitter and receiver

From: Olivier Goyette
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK transmitter and receiver
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:47:45 -0400

Hi all !

I've been lately trying to develop an FSK transmitter and receiver following the instructions on this site : https://nccgroup.github.io/RFTM/

1st of all, I receive the following runtimeerror when I insert the "Clock Recovery MM" block and I don't know why?? :

Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc
-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lassena/Documents/top_block.py", line 204, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/lassena/Documents/top_block.py", line 198, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "/home/lassena/Documents/top_block.py", line 128, in __init__
    self.digital_clock_recovery_mm_xx_0 = digital.clock_recovery_mm_ff(0.06, 0.01, 0, 0.1, 0.01)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital/digital_swig.py", line 1209, in make
    return _digital_swig.clock_recovery_mm_ff_make(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: clock rate must be > 0

>>> Done (return code -9)

2nd of all, I followed each step correctly for the receiver side given on the website I mentioned earlier using my parameters, but I can't seem to get the same output when I visualize the data using Baudline. This is done when I plug the file sink just after the quadrature demod block. I actually got a cable between Tx and Rx for my test and I'm using USRP N210.

I left my grc file attached if you'd like to give it a try and help me with it. I would really appreciate it.

And again, thank you for your time and your help

Olivier