Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Estimating SNR

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Estimating SNR
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:22:14 +0200

Yes, there are limits. When you do an uhd_usrp_probe the RX and TX gain ranges will be displayed.

Notice that the same gain setting doesn't mean the same power output at all frequencies – all gains are relative to 0dB gain, in the respective linear gain regions, which again, for all devices and all frequencies, are different. The USRPs are not calibrated measurement equipment!

However, we've got measurement runs for some daughterboards under [1]; look at the TX power over gain pages with fixed frequency.

Best regards,
Marcus
[1]http://files.ettus.com/performance_data/