Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS -R switch? was Re: Multiple errors/proble

From: Eric Cottrell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS -R switch? was Re: Multiple errors/problems with pybombs 2.0.1 in Kubuntu 16.04
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 21:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I did try the latest git using this command line
   $pip install git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git
before I used this command line
   $pip install PyBOMB
and got the same version (2.0.1) for both.

The usage() lines I got had a lower case -r RECIPE and not a upper case -R. I
tried both and it printed the usage() lines. I tried so many things that I do
not remember if I got the same error.

I had compiled and installed CubicSDR, which also uses SoapySDR. I had compiled
it from my home directory and did a sudo make install to install it to
/usr/local. I followed the suggestion to have ~/src/gnuradio as the prefix for
compiling gnuradio. It was in the gr-osmosdr CMake that the problem occurred.
This is the line during finding build dependencies.
find_package(SoapySDR NO_MODULE)
The problem was it was reading a cmake file in the previous SoapySDR build
directory and outputting an error. When I eliminated the SoapySDR directory,
the problem went away. I can see why from looking at the CMAKE cache file.

//Path to a library.
SOAPY_SDR_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=SOAPY_SDR_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//The directory containing a CMake configuration file for SoapySDR.
SoapySDR_DIR:PATH=SoapySDR_DIR-NOTFOUND

So I need to recompile SoapySDR to get it included.  I may uninstall everything
and see if using the latest git version will work.

For some reason my emails to the list were delayed and sent to the list in
reverse order. I am replying to the response to the last message where I worked
through the problem.

73 Eric