Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Display frequency from transient plot.

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Display frequency from transient plot.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 22:58:08 +0200

By the way, I can barely decipher your screenshot. I strongly recommend using the screenshot functionality of your operating system instead of using a camera to digitize the analog lightwaves that were generated from a screen that converted the digital picture to light...
that being said, I don't really understand your question
The time between rise and fall is known since it is plotting it on the time axis,
So: What is the very definition of "frequency"? Right, it's the rate at which a periodic thing happens.
so you measure the time distance between two rising edges, and do 1/that, and instantly have the frequency.
That's a very "analog measurement device" or "cycle counting" way of doing this.
oscilloscope calculates and displays a frequency number.
Hm. What do *you* think the oscilloscope does?
Dan's recommendation was absolutely on-spot. Use a spectrum/fft sink. If you don't understand what "spectrum" is, read a bit wikipedia :) That's really the easiest way I could think of.
Other than that, read up on autocorrelation, and how to calculate it in a DSP system.

Best regards,
Marcus