Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon16 Update (including Hotel Info!)

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon16 Update (including Hotel Info!)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 08:15:24 -0400

(And by `glowing` I obviously meant `growing`. No idea what a `glowing` sponsor list would look like, but it sounds neat.)

Cheers,
Ben

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Ben Hilburn <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all -

GRCon16 is only four months out, and things are coming together nicely. The organizers have made a lot of progress in pulling together the conference plan, and I wanted to share some important updates:

Hotel
Firstly, I'm very happy to share that we have negotiated a deal with the Millennium Harvest House (on the other side of the CU Boulder campus from the venue) for a discounted room rate. For conference attendees, you can reserve a Standard King Room, normally $154, for $115 + tax. This deal will only stay live until Fri 12 Aug or until the hotel is 70% full, whichever comes first, so be sure to grab your room as soon as possible.

To make a reservation, you can use this link: GRCon Room Reservations

Or you can call the hotel directly: 303.443.3850

(This information isn't yet up on the website, but I'll get it up today.)

Tickets
We have sold 23% of our 304-person capacity for the conference (including the tickets sponsors get). If you haven't registered, yet, I recommend claiming your tickets soon.

Sponsors
If you've looked at the website recently, you may have noted that our sponsor list is glowing! The Platinum level is completely sold out, there is only 1 Gold spot left, and only 3 Silver spots left (there are unlimited Bronze slots). If you are interested in sponsoring the conference, please get in touch soon. To see our current sponsors, check out the sponsor page: http://gnuradio.org/grcon-2016/sponsors/ (Note that not all sponsors have logos up on the site, yet.)

Presentations
The deadline to submit an abstract for your talk or poster is Wed 1 June, just three weeks from yesterday. If you would like to give a talk, please send us your abstract as soon as possible. And while not required, we highly recommend you also submit your topic to the Proceedings. More information is available here: http://gnuradio.org/grcon-2016/call-for-submissions/

-------

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Otherwise, we hope to see you in Boulder this year!

Cheers,
Ben