[Discuss-gnuradio] Python OOT Block Selectable Types

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python OOT Block Selectable Types
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 14:04:41 -0700

I've created a python based OOT block and I want to give the user the ability to select the input/output type. I know how to do this for C++ based blocks, but I'm stuck on what to do with the python blocks signature, as it doesn't ask for the item_size like the C++ blocks do. I have to give it something explicit like

in_sig = [numpy.float32]

How do I write the generic sig that depends on what the user selected in GRC?

Note: The algorithm in the body of this block doesn't change depending on type selected. It's a simple block.

Thanks,
Rich