Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ORC support on armhf w/ embedded SDK

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ORC support on armhf w/ embedded SDK
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:53:15 -0400

Oh good to know! I thought the whole thing had disappeared.

Thanks, Tom.

Cheers,
Ben

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Tom Tsou <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Ben Hilburn <address@hidden> wrote:
> ORC (the Oil Runtime Compiler) is abandonware, at this point. The company
> that developed it, EntropyWave, closed up a while ago. I seem to remember
> ttsou talking to the founder who said that they were focusing on a new
> venture called "Rdio" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdio), which was
> recently acquired by Pandora.

Not quite. Indeed, the ORC project creator, David Schleef, moved on to
the music streaming industry, and the Entropy Wave website appears to
no longer exist. The ORC compiler, though, lives on as part of the
GStreamer project and remains actively maintained.

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/projects/orc.html

  -TT