Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sweep generator

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sweep generator
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:33:44 -0700

Thank you for this approach as it is back to my original starting point using
the VCO block.

Yet

What I do not understand is; why the VCO is needed if you are controlling the
center frequency of the Tx channel
with a scaled sawtooth as a variable controlling center frequency.  Vs, the
output of a numerically controlled frequency source(VCO) that provides the
center frequency already ramped by the sawtooth that controls center frequency
input of the tx channel.

Am I over thinking this?

seems like I am also redundant in my description