Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs hates anaconda

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs hates anaconda
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:16:21 -0700

Mike,

please don't troll here. Your subject wording implies that PyBOMBS is
trying to sabotage Anaconda, which is clearly not the case.

You're the first to bring this up, and I'm sure there's an easy fix to
make PyBOMBS and Anaconda live happily side by side.

Also, your sample size limited to cheetah. Let's take a look at the recipe:

```
satisfy:
  deb: python-cheetah >= 2.0
  rpm: python-cheetah >= 2.0
  pacman: python2-cheetah >= 2.0
```

So, our recipe is configured to check deb, rpm and pacman. Not the
command line, nor pip. So let's change this:

```
satisfy:
  deb: python-cheetah >= 2.0
  rpm: python-cheetah >= 2.0
  pacman: python2-cheetah >= 2.0
  pip: Cheetah >= 2.0
  cmd: cheetah --version >= 2.0
```

Easy fix! I'll push this change right now, and then maybe it even works
for you.

Making PyBOMBS work on all kinds of more or less common systems is a
matter of lots of people hammering on it and reporting back. I
appreciate your feedback, but note your choice of words can make other
people, who didn't read your full email, decide to dislike PyBOMBS and
not even give it a chance.

Cheers,