Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.9.2 Win64 binaries ready + Build scripts

From: Anon Lister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.9.2 Win64 binaries ready + Build scripts
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 07:27:56 -0400

Aha. Found the error. I don't know how you didn't encounter it in your
builds, but in the build-wxpython.py script, line 443 fails, it's up
in the log. It sets install_dir to some variables defined in a if not
windows block higher up. This causes the script to bomb at install due
to an undefined variable. I just set install_dir to "" and validate
was successful.

Thanks for the tip on looking for the _core_.pyd, that's what lead me
to it, it wasn't present anywhere but in the build directory (and a
few other places on my box, but all from timestamps way before the
build). Anyway, that step of the script is rebuilding now, just to be
sure it works.

I dug into the Step5-consolidation error a bit, it looks like its failing with

"Consolidating Qt...Out-File : A parameter cannot be found that
matches parameter name 'path'.
At C:\gr-build\scripts\Step5-ConsolidateLibs.ps1:67 char:23
+     "[Paths]" | out-file -path $root/build/$configuration/bin/qt.conf ...
+                          ~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Out-File],
ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand"

According to [1] out-file accepts -FilePath as an option. I switched
to that (actually just ran that line on console) and it seemed to
work, so that one may be an easy fix. I'll kick it off once the python
builds finish. Probably wont get back to it till tonight.

Yeah my goal here is mainly to reproduce the build, (and use it as a
motivating project to learn a little powershell), then hopefully
contribute to getting my favorite OOT's building. So no taking the
cheap route. :) I'm still amazed you got all this stuff building on
windows, most of it is a pain to build even on its native platform.
heh.

-Anon

[1] https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh849882.aspx