[Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for Inmarsat Documentation Diagram - "Figure

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for Inmarsat Documentation Diagram - "Figure A2-1"
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:23:58 -0700

Hi All:

Here’s an esoteric request:

I am working on an Inmarsat decoder for 600 bps P-Channel frames.  Gnuradio on the front end, and a C program for decoding the recovered data frames.  I’m using an Ettus B200 for the reception and gnuradio as the demodulator.  The satellite is on 1545.110 MHz.

I have valid frames and checksums, and my C code successfully de-interleaves, decodes, and descrambles the payload data in each frame.  I am using the open source Viterbi decoder package from http://spiral.net for the deconvolution.

So, now I have apparently valid data frames (“SUs” in Inmarsat parlance), but a key diagram on decoding these data frames is missing in the only technical documentation I could find on Inmarsat.

This document is entitled "MANUAL FOR AERONAUTICAL MOBILE SATELLITE (ROUTE) SERVICE - Part III – Inmarsat and MTSAT”.  It’s a pretty complex document but the info I need is in there.

The missing diagram is “Figure A2-1” on page 209.  It doesn’t seem to render properly in either Word or Pages (the Mac’s word processor).  The ~100 other diagrams in the document render fine.  Murphy’s law...

Does anyone happen to have a readable copy of that figure?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin