Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] UHD Updating Question

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] UHD Updating Question
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:06:39 -0700

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

It's my experience that ccache errs on the right side, i.e. it rather
recompiles if unsure. I've never had any caching issues with ccache.
Note that the cache quickly fills up, if I can spare the space I will up
the cache size from the default 1 GB. Right now it's at 8 GB but I doubt
that'll ever fill up.

My experience is the same.  I've only ever had ccache erroneously decide something has changed and needs recompiling, not the other way around.  It's been a long while since I've looked at its internals, but ISTR it does a hash on both the compiler command line options and the output from the preprocessor to match a cached output object file.

-Johnathan