Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Docker] New GNU Radio images with GUI support

From: Stefan Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Docker] New GNU Radio images with GUI support
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 22:09:24 +0200

Keep in mind the automated build service of hub.docker.com! For those
who don't know how it works:
It is connected to the github repo and rebuilds after each new commit
the needed images (or layers) automatically.
As well, it would be possible to build automatically images for each
release of gnuradio using different tags (and the 'latest' tag for the
current head).

This would allow developers to alter the official image with their
specific programs (e.g., OOTs) with the commit function of docker and
push the image back on hub.docker.com using their own account. Then,
everyone could test their application without thinking about
dependencies or sth else (and this on linux, mac and windows!).

E.g., you have a demo application running at the lab in university or
for clients at a company. Just spawn the container from the image you
have done before and you can be sure it's running fine.

I think that docker is really convenient (and it is super popular atm!).

Greetings
Stefan