Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Qt installation

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Qt installation
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:07:35 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Alexander Levedahl <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

The OS is RHEL6.5.  I have to download and install packages manually.  This is not something I can get around.

The GnuRadio version is 3.7.9.1.  I am trying to upgrade our version of gnuradio.  We have a GUI that I have to make extensive modifications to and decided to switch from Wx to Qt since that is the recommended path going forward.

pkg-config does not report anything for qwt.  Does the line find_package(Qwt) in the gr-qtgui/CMakeLists.txt check the pkg-config list?

No, QWT does not install a .pc file (and I've no idea why they won't).

Currently I have qwt6.1.2 installed.  The directory qwt-6.1.2 was installed in /usr/local/lib64/.  There is a shared object in there.  I made a symlink to one of them from a directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Do you have the devel package installed, too? That is, the header files in /usr/local/include? You can try to add this to the cmake command line to force them to be found:

-DQWT_LIBRARIES=/usr/local/lib64/libqwt.so
-DQWT_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/local/include

(I'm assuming that's the correct include path based on your library path.)

At the moment, I think I will hold off on installing PyQwt since it is unnecessary per Tom, and I do not need it.

Yes, don't worry about that.

Final thought. Have you tried to install GNU Radio using PyBOMBS? I know the original PyBOMBS worked fine on older RedHat installations, though I'm not positive that anyone's tried the new version on it.

Tom

Thanks,
Alex