Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to "close" osmosdr source?

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to "close" osmosdr source?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:26:26 -0700

On Mar 25, 2016, at 7:53, M. Ranganathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the answer. My setup is a little more complicated than that. The
> sensor reads its configuration from the server. The server could reconfigure
> the sensor between restarts.
>
> I did try stopping the task graph and restarting but the problem is
> unresolved. I tried ulocking but I get the following: AttributeError:
> 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute '_unlock'

The method is called unlock, not _unlock. The underscore in my previous message
was for emphasis. I didn't mean to suggest that you should blindly call
unlock(), but as part of a proper flowgraph reconfiguration. Sketch like this:

  top_block.lock()
  top_block.disconnect(source, whatever_is_next)
  top_block.unlock()
  source = osmosdr.source(...)
  top_block.lock()
  top_block.connect(source, whatever_is_next)
  top_block.unlock()

What I meant in my previous message was that line 3 of this example must be
present before line 4 (you can't lock/unlock only once around the whole thing).
This is because the changes don't completely take effect until you unlock, so
the old source is still around.

You might find it simpler to discard the entire flow graph and rebuild it. But
again, you must make sure that you're not holding on to references to the
source in any direct or indirect way.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>