[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Website Update

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Website Update
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 15:57:27 -0400

Hey all -

As I mentioned in my introduction e-mail earlier this week, Johnathan and I are working hard on upgrading the website. There are a couple of components to this:
The developer portion of the site will transition to a self-hosted GitLab instance. The user content will migrate to a customized WordPress instance. Over the coming weeks, we will be rolling out new parts of the site as development on them wraps up.

Starting today, we rolled out the first section, which is the GRCon16 page. There are some issues with the page (mostly broken links), which we are working on fixing. Currently, this site exists at the root directory, `gnuradio.org`. This is temporary. It will soon move to `gnuradio.org/grcon-2016`, or something similar, and the landing page will take you to the usual Redmine. The existing Redmine URLs have not changed, and still exist at `gnuradio.org/redmine`.

There might be a few hiccups as we change platforms, update our URLs and DNS redirects, etc., Thanks for your patience as we work through them. If you want to get involved by reporting issues, please report anything you find to me and Johnathan. Feedback & help is welcome!

(N.B. A few people have e-mailed me and asked if they can begin distributing the GRCon16 page links to other lists. Since the URLs are going to change one more time before it's finalized, please hold off on publicizing it until we get things sorted out on the server-side. Thanks!)

Let me know if you have any questions, and we hope you like the new visual design!

Cheers,
Ben