Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple hackrfs

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple hackrfs
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:35:29 +0100

> I’m trying to implement 2 hackrfs and so far, and even with the following
> settings seen in the picture at the bottom:
>
> Osmocom Source properties:
> Complex float 32
> Device Arguments: hackrf=0[,buffers=32][,bias=0][,bias_tx=0]
> hackrf=1[,buffers=32][,bias=0][,bias_tx=0]
> Mboards: 2
> Num Channels: 2
> *Anything I’m missing if I want to just stream in the data from 2 hackrf

1) To use 2 hackrf, you need two "osmocom sources" blocks.
    "num channels" and stuff like that is for hardware that has
multiple channels on the same devices like a USRP1 or a TVRX2 or a
B210 or stuff like that.

2) If you don't have your two hackrf fed fom the same external clock
source (or use one as the clock source for the other), they'll
progressively drift and your flock graph will lock up. You need to
sync them up.

3) the [] notation in the option doc denotes a parameter is optional.
It certainly doesn't mean you can put brackets inside the actual
option fields ...

Cheers,

   Sylvain