[Discuss-gnuradio] Wi-Fi Channel Monitoring

From: Fikrat Al-Kazimi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wi-Fi Channel Monitoring
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 12:05:22 +0200

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I'm new to gnuRadio and I need your assistance in a project I'm working on if it's not too much to ask.

The objective of my project is to receive wi-fi signals from my surrounding using the USRP and save the power level as well as the frequencies we are sensing onto a file sink to be able to apply some machine learning algorithms on the data stored using MATLAB. ( create a predictor that can tell us when the Wi-Fi channel is going to be idle or not based on the power level we stored using the USRP ).

I attempted to take a go at it, but I'm confused as to what blocks I should use or from where to start. Can anyone advise me or give me a starting point to build on? I would be forever grateful.

Thank you all for your help!

Best regards,
FiFi