[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Half Duplex

From: Alex Weihkopf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Half Duplex
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:00:51 +0100

Hello,

I am using two USRP2 + WBX connected via cable on the TX/RX antenna ports. I want to use them for my GNURadio OFDM-project in half-duplex mode.

Problem: Whenever I send a data-packet (~10ms) on the TX-chain of one USRP2, I receive the same packet on the RX-chain of the same USRP2. The transmitter receives its own packets.

Why is that? Insufficient Decoupling between Receive and Transmit Circuit?

Does the USRP2 internally turn off the Receive Circuit when the Transmit Circuit has data to send? Or does it just disconnect the Receive Circuit from the antenna?

Is there a comprehensible GNURadio example for USRP2 + WBX in half-duplex-mode?

Regards,
Alex