Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX Dual Receiver

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX Dual Receiver
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 23:26:37 -0500

On 02/23/2016 11:22 PM, Justyn wrote:
Hello,

I'm experimenting with the MIMO capabilities of the N210s with WBX daughter cards and seeing how far I can get before I need the MIMO breakout cable or GPSDO.

One of the first things I'd like to see is if both receivers on the WBX daughter card can run at the same time (TX/RX and RX2).

Unfortunately, if I add two USRP source blocks with the same IP to my flow graph and try it out, I get D's on the output.

According to http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_general.html#general_ounotes, it seems that I'm getting "discontinuous packets" and are subsequently dropping data (which I can confirm). I assume it's because I'm receiving data packets with the same source address, and probably duplicated sequence numbers which GNU Radio thinks are discontinuous.

Is there a way around this? Is this a bug? It seems if I have the bandwidth and physical hardware, I should be able to leverage those capabilities, no?

This USRP and my workstation are connected through a switch, but if I add a separate identical N210 with WBX to the switch, I get both sets of data, so it's not a bandwidth issue.

--
Justyn
There is only a single receive chain on a WBX card--there are, granted, two ANTENNA PORTS that may be selected that the receive chain

The fact that you have two distinct UHD/USRP objects trying to communicate with the same physical USRP is going to create a fair amount of confusion in the lower layers which will result in unpredictable behaviour.