[Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK demodulation using GRC constellation decoder not

From: Damindra Bandara
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK demodulation using GRC constellation decoder not working
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 18:33:06 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to transmit and receive a file using Ettus USRP and GNU Radio Companion. The modulation scheme used is QPSK. I followed the "gnu radio tutorial 7:PSK Symbol recovery" . That worked fine and I was able to recover the file at the receiver end. That tutorial uses a out of tree module "my_qpsk_demod" as the QPSK demodulator. I am trying to replace the "my_qpsk_demod" with "constellation decoder" block. I did that as  shown in the attached figure. After I did this modification, I was not able to receive the file properly.

When I observe the constellation plot after the costas loop, I can clearly see the four constellation. I really appreciate if you could help me to understand what I am doing wrong and get the code working.

Thank you very much
Damindra

--
Damindra Savithri Bandara,
PhD in Information Technology (Candidate)