[Discuss-gnuradio] Ping through GNURadio

From: Maicon Kist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ping through GNURadio
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 01:11:53 -0200

Hello,

I need some advice from you guys.

What I did:
- I modified the tx_ofdm.grc by adding a udp_sink right after the `Throttle` block. I configure it to send packets to the localhost
-I modified the rx_ofdm.grc by adding a udp_source in the beginning. I also added a Qt Histogram and configured it to check if the data received in the UDP socket is fine.

So basically, I (i) generate a number, (i) make all the signal processing stuff, (iiI) send the resulting data to a socket, (iv) get the resulting data in another flowgraph, and (v) perform the signal processing to recover the original number.

What I would like to do:
- I would like do something similar, but instead of numbers using other network packets.
So, I would like:
1- Generate a specific packet (a ping or using Mausezahn for example), obtain this packet in the tx_ofdm.grc flowgraph
2- Perform the signal processing to transform it in a radio signal, redirect it with the udp_sink to another machine.
3- Get the data with rx_ofdm, restore the original packet (as generate by Mausezahn). Finally, make the packet available to another application.

Did someone implemented something like that? Or give me some directions to where look at ?

Best regards

--
Maicon Kist