[Discuss-gnuradio] Message Input port in hierarchical block

From: kt7
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message Input port in hierarchical block
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:45:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I have a hierarchical block generated via GRC with no input or output
message port.
Now I add a message port by changing python code for some control
functionality using:

        self.message_port_register_hier_in("test")

Now generally in sync or other blocks we can bind this "test" port to a
handler function like:

        self.set_msg_handler(pmt.intern("test"),self.handler)

The problem is that there is no such function for hierarchical blocks in
gr.hier_block2 class
So how can I process message data coming in at this port ?

Please excuse if I have missed something.

Kartik