Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake Error

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake Error
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:31:12 -0500

No problems. As I said, I don't use Ubuntu right now so I'm a bit out of
the loop on these matters. Keep playing around & learn all you can! -
MLD

If you look in <
https://github.com/kik/sdr-tv/blob/master/gr-ntsc/CMakeLists.txt >,
lines 89-94 read:
{{{
# Search for GNU Radio and its components and versions. Add any
# components required to the list of GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS (in all
# caps such as FILTER or FFT) and change the version to the minimum
# API compatible version required.
set(GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS RUNTIME)
find_package(Gnuradio "3.7.2" REQUIRED)
}}}

When you run the "cmake" command using this source directory, cmake will
"execute" this file (CMakeLists.txt), which will do some other stuff
before this command, then when it gets to this command cmake will go off
and try to find GNU Radio 3.7.2 or newer.

The way this step works is that GNU Radio has already installed cmake
files somewhere, generally /usr/local/lib/cmake or
/usr/local/share/cmake; append "gnuradio" to one of those and you should
find files inside that directory if it is installed. For example, you
could execute the following to look for this directory via:
{{{
ls -lAF /usr/local/lib/cmake /usr/local/share/cmake
}}}
which will either list files / directories in those directories, or will
return "No such file or directory" if the directory does not exist.

I think in your case there will be listings inside at least one of those
locations, but "gnuradio" will not be found. I'm guessing that when you
do "sudo apt-get install gnuradio", you get the runtime parts of GNU
Radio -- those parts that you need for running scripts, but not files
for developing or building an OOT module on your own. I'm guessing you
need to do something like "sudo apt-get install gnuradio-dev" to get the
developer parts of GNU Radio.