Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte recorded files

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte recorded files
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:20:11 +0100

Hello Kevin,

as explained, data isn't stored as "a + bi"; the fact that  the two numbers "a" and "b" are interpreted as "real" and "imaginary" of the same complex number shouldn't be stored -- that is implicit. Hence, yes, you just store abababababab..., because the "+" and the "i" is implicit. Also, otherwise you would have to come up with a special scheme of encoding "+" and "i"; those aren't numbers, so they naturally don't work out well for computers.

Best regards,
Marcus