Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD & LibUSRP works with both but...Re: 2 USRP1s,

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD & LibUSRP works with both but...Re: 2 USRP1s, both loads firmware correctly, but only 1 can run ANY sdr apps. Why?
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 10:27:27 +0100

Hi Peter,

ah, I can see my misunderstanding now; I'll have to apologize.

If you have two USRPs with the same libusrp-compatible firmware, then you'd be using libusrp as driver for both USRPs.

If your "second" application is not OpenBTS / doesn't rely on using this very old driver, you can use the first USRP with libusrp firmware, and the second with UHD firmware, and use it with SDR software that uses the modern UHD driver. This really depends on what you want to do with the second USRP.

Best regards,
Marcus