Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Asynchronous source with zeros in between

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Asynchronous source with zeros in between
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 10:45:42 -0500

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Francisco Albani <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi to all.

(this email subject may be inaccurate)

I need a block with the following characteristics:

* Input port for messages.
* Output port for complex/float/byte/etc. stream.
* Forecast always answers 0.
* Work function first check the message queue. If there are no messages, emits zeros; if there are, it emits the samples inside the message.

The work function should never directly interact with the message queue. I think there is one block that does it, but it's a hassle for a couple of reasons.

The message handler function should receive the message and indicate to the work function to send it the next time it is called.

I'm willing to write it, but first I want to hear from the people in the list in case this can be crafted using existing blocks or if this idea is deemed to fail for some reason I can't see.

I need this in order to transmit N parallel burst radios using something like Polyphase Channel Synthesizer. The problem emerges when not all the transmitters have data to send and stop the other transmitters flows.

Many thanks!

Bye.

Off the top of my head today, I can't think of something existing that does this, so you're likely to have to implement it yourself.

Tom