Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC, Repetition Encoder/Decoder

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC, Repetition Encoder/Decoder
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:31:08 -0500

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 4:43 AM, David Halls <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to use a combination of a CC code and a repetition code. This might sounds a bit odd, but it just so happens I have 5 short ints 5*8 bits, so I am repeating this 7 times, then using 1/2 rate to fill my packet - 576bits.

I can get the codes to work separately, but please see attached .grc, I can't get the repetition decoder to work, it doesn't output anything. I clearly have some parameters/sizes wrong. When I use the FEC Decoder (disabled) rather that the Extended FEC decoder for the repetition decoder, I get the right number of bytes out - but the wrong values.

Thanks for your help!!

David​

David,

I haven't been able to run your code, yet, but looking through it, I think I see the problem, you are reusing "dec_cc" for both fec_extended_decoder_0_0 and fec_extended_decoder_0_0_0. One of those should be dec_rep.

Tom