Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Burst Mode Weirdness

From: Roee Bar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Burst Mode Weirdness
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:05:44 -0800

Yes I am changing the frequency on both.

I have replaced the LFTX and the USRP motherboard with other boards and I get the same results, so  I ruled out a hardware problem.

It's like when using the length_tag feature on the USRP block it resets the USRP after every packet.

I have created a simple experiment to reproduce this behavior. It consists of a simple signal generator, a tagger and two USRP blocks. When I enable the length tag in the USRP sink, I get a corrupted signal. When I don't use the length tag I get a nice signal. I attached a screen shot of GRC, the corrupted signal and the good signal.

So maybe burst mode should not be used for packets or there is a bug in uhd/gnuradio.

Roee