Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_sink+uhd_source VS virtual_sink+virtual_sourc

From: chai E
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_sink+uhd_source VS virtual_sink+virtual_source
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 23:22:13 +0800

sorry ,forget to reply the list

thank you

--Ekko

Hi Ekko,

please reply to the list, not to individual people :)
1.i can use source block generate digita signal,
Every block in GNU Radio is a digital block (your computer is a digital device)!
2.i am not sure whether "chunks to symbol"block make the job of digital-to-analog
no. Digital to analog conversion only happens in your SDR peripheral, in your case, the USRP.
3.mixing it up to carrier ferq is done by uhd_sink   right?
No, not by the usrp_sink (which is but a piece of software), but by the hardware in the USRP.

Best regards,
Marcus