[Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK frequency spectrum

From: Denis Stijn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK frequency spectrum
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:29:13 +0000

Hi

I have a question regarding the use of the GFSK modulator block. I have a simple schematic: a random repeating (Byte) source is connected to a GFSK mod block (Samples/Symbol: 8, Sensitivity: 707m, BT: 500m), which is connected to a throttle block (sample rate 444.444k), which is connected to an FFT Sink. I expected the resulting frequency spectrum to contain two peaks, at respectively -50 and 50 kHz (444444 / (2*pi) * 0.707), however, I only have one peak at -50 kHz, and I can't figure out the reason behind this. I'm most likely completely misunderstanding the way the GFSK mod block works. Could anybody please explain this to me?

Thanks in advance,

Stijn