Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to minimize Spillage of energy in neighboring

From: abhinav narain
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to minimize Spillage of energy in neighboring frequencies while transmission
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:45:15 -0700

Hi Marcus,
I see your point, and I can add intepolation factor as 196K/2K =98 in my transmitter.

Can you please tell me about what should I do in my receiver now that I have to do decimation.
I have the exact grc file attached.
I am doing :
USRP Source-> FLL Band Edge-> Polyphase Clock Sync with RRC RX filter [{ firdes.root_raised_cosine(ntaps,samp_rate,sps, rolloff, int(11*sps*ntaps)) }
corresponding to tx filter of {firdes.root_raised_cosine(ntaps, samp_rate, sps, rolloff, int(11*sps*ntaps))} ]
-> Costas Loop ->   MultiplyConst->Constellation Receiver ...

I do have to place a decimation filter I suppose with factor 196/2 (= same as in interpolator filter), but the polyphase Sync block doesn't have a Decimation factor in it.

In case I place Decimation block before FLL BandEdge block, I need to have tap coefficient and I am not sure what should they be ?
I don't know how i can calculate square root of RRC taps and place those taps in both - Decimation block and  Polyphase block.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Abhinav