[Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Ideas: Summer of Code 2016 Projects

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Ideas: Summer of Code 2016 Projects
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:24:21 -0700

Dear friends of GNU Radio,

Google has announced they'll be doing another GSoC next year, and we
intend to apply. Last year, we weren't accepted as an organization,
partly because our ideas list wasn't up to par. That, at least, is
something we can fix.
Also, if ESA is doing another summer of code, we'll apply for that, too.

So for now, I'm asking everyone for ideas for projects. Please post any
ideas you have here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoCIdeas

If possible, follow the structure for the first project idea. You don't
have to put down names for mentors at this point in time.

As time progresses, we'll flesh out ideas, or weed some less relevant
ones. But for now, I'd like to see as many good project ideas as possible.

If you're looking for successful projects from the past, here's the list
of projects we've done so far:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoCPastProjects

Thanks, everyone!

Cheers,