[Discuss-gnuradio] Recent change in destructor behavior?

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recent change in destructor behavior?
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:52:07 -0700

My OOT module prints some statistics upon closing of the flowgraph from GRC.
This is implemented with printf(stderr) in the destructor for my module.

GRC --> IMPL constructed by Make --> constructs one of my objects.

This worked well through all versions of gnuradio until about last week.
Now the printf() never shows in the GRC console after a rebuild of 3.7.9.git,
the version that introduced per-flowgraph QSS support (which appeared
broken as of last weekend).

printf(stderr) prior to the start of flowgraph shutown still works fine. It's just
the one in the destructor that seems no longer to print.

Is there a recent change that would explain this, or is printf() in a destructor
bad practice?

-- Tom, N5EG