Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Function Probe and OOT Blocks

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Function Probe and OOT Blocks
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:35:34 -0700

Hi David:

I'm a relative newbie myself, but I can say that I had this same issue.  I had a block with a static parameter that I wanted to be able to change dynamically at runtime.

I looked at the block's source code, and also at a block that had a dynamically adjustable parameter.

Basically, and with a little help from the list (Marcus Muller in particular) as I had to learn c++, I was able to use the code from the dynamic block as an example, and modify the static block to change the parameter to be dynamically changeable.  It all came down to at most a couple dozen lines of code.  The bigger challenge was learning about Gnuradio's architecture, to know what to do.

I would suggest a similar approach.  You will find the list members very helpful.  I'd also look at the guided tutorials, there are good examples there under "how to write a c++ block".

I will help if I can but alas, I am still quite a newbie, so others will be able to help much more efficiently!

Kevin

Sent from my iPad