Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: USRP Source

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: USRP Source
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:07:37 -0700

The Nyquist theorem says in general your sample rate equals your two sided
bandwidth, i.e. Fs=10 MHz -> BW = 10 MHz. In general, your samples are complex.
As soon as you restrict samples to be real in time, you cut the useable
bandwidth in half. This is because real time samples imply conjugate symmetry
in frequency. If you have independent I and Q values, you have complex data.
The USRP feeds you complex data.

Don't memorize the Nyquist theorem as the sample rate is twice the bandwidth.
That's incorrect in general.

Sent from my iPhone