[Discuss-gnuradio] Printing values on the flowgraph.

From: Joe N
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Printing values on the flowgraph.
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:15:22 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,  I'm still trying to get used to things on Gnu Radio and i'm ready to
jump into making my own "tweaks".  I am trying to duplicate a scanner that I
saw on YouTube. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GtAFn5UlY ).  The
question that I have is regarding printing out of values.  For instance if
i'm parsing a tuning list that I can query from python, how can I display it
on the graph.  Or simply print out the frequency that I'm currently tuned
to.  Seems simple, but most things that I see online imply that I actually
have to create a new block to perform this type of functionality.  Is this
the case?  Can anyone point me to a good starting point to do this?